Monday, September 20, 2010

Aw Hel(vetica) nah!

I’m a bit of a type snob. I’ll just say it: I don’t like Helvetica. It’s too round, though more refined than Arial, not as beautiful as Univers (one of my all-time faves). I respect the designers who use it and I think that when used well, it can be really awesome. But I also feel like A LOT of designers use it as a crutch or people who aren't really designers, use it and think it passes off as nice. ANYWAY. Off my soapbox. I love Univers Condensed and I also love Bebas, but my co-worker and I were discussing the transformation options of fonts once they turn into outlines and he directed me towards Grotesque No. 9. It is absolutely beautiful and so versatile! Can't wait to use it on my new webpage re-design!



- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment