Sunday, October 31, 2010

See ya, October.

Man, can't believe it's the last day of October. That means the craziness of Halloween is over and we can get on with the cool holidays. (No offense to those who love Halloween, I am just more of a fan of food and presents). I've been keeping pretty busy lately... I've been working on two accounts at work (amongst other things), one of which has me designing the whole brand for a conference so that's been fun and crazy at the same time. One may say, Frazy (maybe not). A bit of sad news, on Wednesday, Frankie said he was leaving the company. Not only was he responsible for the start of Indie Printing, but he was also the best boss I have ever had. He was understanding, patient and wasn't an asshole/dramatic wench. So those are all positives. Coping with the news was tough. Today, he, his cool wife Alanna, Ricardo and I had brunch at ChaChaCha's some hipster-esque restaurant. You know, the ones that seem like they're a "hole-in-the-wall," but once you get into the restaurant, you just see a lot of skinny jeans and Hitler mustaches.

Here's a business card I designed last week for a walk-in client who wanted a business card for his chiropractic biz. He wanted an appointment block, all contact info and a map on one side of the card. I thought it'd be too much info, but looks like I was able to solve another design problem. I feel like I should "brush my shoulders off" or something right now.



This weekend has been pretty chill. Like I said, I went to brunch and that was really nice. I'm really going to miss Frankie, but I've still got Ricardo. We designers just have to stick together. Something that's been keeping me busy this weekend has been designing this poster for Wharton School of Law. My cousin Michael is attending and volunteered my creative services for an event for a group who call themselves: APALSA. Longest acronym ever. It stands for Asian Pacific American Law Students Association. I haven't come up with a final piece yet, so you all will have to sit tight. But I'm getting pretty close to the end product. Maybe this will be an on-going account. It'll be really great for my freelancin'.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween!

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment