Friday, November 19, 2010

Instant Queue

I finally finished signing up for Netflix so K and I have been going buckwild watching movies. This week, we've watched:

1. Me and You and Everyone We know (My pick)
It definitely made me smile and it had a cute black kid. ADORABLE. He also says "poop" numerous times. It's an indie film, so we expected a lot of obscure music and artsy shots.

2. It Happened One Night (Kenny's pick)
A 1934 flick. I'll admit it was hard to get used to the acting but 5 minutes in and I was already in love with Clark Gable and Claudette Colbert. They had such chemistry and it had such a cute and sweet storyline. The innocence of movies back then is so charming.


3. Love Story (my pick)
I had it on my list of movies to watch because one of the blogs I read, Design*Sponge, featured an entry about it. You can read it here. Another classic, one of the first romantic movies with a sad ending (not a spoiler alert since you know this is happening within the first minute of the film starting). Like the article says, 1970s Harvard looked oh-so-good. The musical themes throughout the movie got old (meaning the same. song. would. play.) but overall, I enjoyed it.


4. The Big Chill (Kenny's pick)
We had both seen this movie before, in fact, we have the VHS AND the soundtrack at my parent's house, but I don't remember it at all and Kenny swore up and down that it was worth seeing it again. So we did and it was fantastic. As Kenny describes it, "Squeezes every Motown song ever into itself." True, but that just made it that more enjoyable.

Other than trying to expand our cinematic knowledge, I've been well.

Ricardo (co-worker) and I are counting down the days until we fly home for the holidays! TWO WEEKS!! I am so very excited. My flight out of LAX is at 7am on the 17th and I'll make it home for lunch time, yessss. Looking forward to homecooked meals, watching Elf and a million other things with my sisters, color-coordinating for Christmas and just spending time with the fam (and Fran!!!). Also mixed in there will be enjoying real winter weather and spending time with the Keefers in Iowa. We're down to 27 days!

NYE plans are still in limbo... most likely we'll spend it in KC, especially since my flight out is the 2nd and I'd rather be closer to home...it's just deciding what exactly we want to do. If we're going to one of those parties, we'll prob have to purchase tickets right around now. I only have a few contacts in KC so I'll just have to see what they're doing, but I'm pretty excited to get dressed up and have fun! Also, Janessa turned 21 a few months ago so I am definitely going to show her how to take advantage of happy hours.

- J.

No comments:

Post a Comment